So...I had the greatest day! After a rough time with "the boys," I went to see my 2-year-old client with autism. He doesn't speak...at least he didn't. That's changed over this past month. Today, I couldn't hold back my tears of joy! He spelled his name to a song I made up and he said his name, his A, B, C's, as well as counted 1-4. Last week he counted 1-6. It was kinda sad, though, because his mom his still battling with an ear infection and couldn't hear too much of what he was saying. But she still had tears in her eyes when she saw his lips moving! It was a GREAT way to end the day. I love those music therapy moments. She said that I get more out of him than his PT, OT, and Speech Therapist! How exciting!!! Oh...and he even cleaned up the instruments, which is AWESOME because he normally has a hard time transitioning into things and following directions! What a sweetie! Just wanted to share my little music therapy moment that all music therapists strive for!
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment