Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Responsibility starts early

B loves to have responsibility. Or maybe I love it! Either way, we do expect a lot of him and most of the time he does everything we expect....even with a good attitude. Last night, Daddy T had difficulties making it all the way to the laundry hamper with his dirty clothes. Before climbing in the tub, B picked up HIS clothes and handed them to me to put in the hamper, and then picked up DADDY T'S clothes and hand-delivered them himself before running after Daddy to jump in the shower. I was smiling from ear to ear (as my grandfather says)! I love that he tries to make my job a little easier! Some of his resonsibilites include, but are not limited to:

Filling up the bath tub-(of course, we are right there with him, but he also likes to wash himself after we do it first)


Getting his shoes and socks to give to Mommy or Daddy to put them on for him. Sometimes we get lucky and the socks match. If not, though, we just help out a bit to find the matching sock!


Brushing his teeth-the morning time is just him and then at night we do it first and then he finishes it up. He is just now starting to scrub and spit, but not before sucking all of the toddler toothpaste off first!


Daddy T's training him to get the Sunday paper. Guess he couldn't train the dogs, so he decided the next best option would be his son!


His other FAVORITE job is taking Ellie out to potty. One of us will take Suzzy and he ALWAYS gets Ellie. Ellie doesn't like it, but B likes to drag her around and he gets really upset if you take them out without him doing it, too. Daddy T says that he'll definitely let B start taking the dogs out when he gets older. Oh...he also likes to give them their treats. One day I'll get a picture of both because it's too cute.

I'll end today's post with a picture of B during his nap. I kept hearing grunting and a little bit of whining, but just figured he was trying to fight sleep (very unusual). When I went in to check on him, I laughed and grabbed the camera. Apparently all of the grunting was from him trying to pull his shirt off! He hasn't done this since, but I figure it's better than jumping out of the crib! Just so you know, those blankets are the ONLY ones he will sleep with. He's keeping my grandma busy with crocheting more that fit him as he grows.

2 comments:

Anonymous

Love the photo with him shirtless. Guess he got hot.....which he might not have done if he didn't have so many blankets :O)

The Moses Family

All his responsibilities sound just like Z's! We have also recently found Z stripping in the crib, too. Sounds like they would just get along great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...