Friday, March 26, 2010

Creative Discovery Museum

We had the greatest day last Monday. One of my friends, Jill, had passes to the Discovery Museum so we met up with her and her 4 kiddos to try it out. I remember my cousins and I had gone there when we were little, but didn't remember too much about it. We have been thinking about getting passes there, but I had heard conflicting reports on whether B was too young for it or not. I figured the best way to find out was to go...especially if it was free. The verdict? B LOVED it! He was soaked by the time we left, but he had a blast. He could have stayed downstairs for hours. The upstairs was a little over his head and he's such a dare devil and wants to do what the older kids are doing, so it was hard to keep him out of the big kid stuff. I'm definitely wanting passes now! It's such a wonderful place to learn and it's all hands-on, which is what he is loving at this stage in his development.

He got to dig in the sand for dinosaur bones. Of course, he found the oldest girls that were digging and then sat right beside them so they would help him. He's already trying to attract girls at 19 months! He loved the water section, but wanted to play in the big kid one, which included examples of locks and dams. I wasn't able to really lift him for that long, so I made him stay at the toddler one where he could play with waterfalls and boats. The music section was fun for me...and for him. He played the harp for the first time and kept laughing. A lot of school kids were in the percussion room, so I didn't even let him see that one because I knew I'd never get him out of there. He could play music constantly if he was allowed to do so. His favorite thing to do at home is to go downstairs and play the piano and drums.

They have a wonderful toddler area so you don't really have to worry about following them around everywhere. It was full of stuff! However, all B cared to play in was the big red car. I tried to get him to look at other things, but he's in this car stage now (oh...and shoe stage) so nothing can compete with those.










After such a busy week this week, I'll end this post with a few belly pictures of where I am at 25 weeks. I have so many more things to say about this pregnancy, but I just don't have the time to write it down today. Perhaps in the next few days.....

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...