Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Day in Dollywood



















































































































































Since we've done so much over the past two weeks, I decided that I would break up the posts to go along with the pictures so as to not cause any confusion. We went to Dollywood the last weekend the third weekend in November with some friends of ours, Mike and Lori Weathers and their baby boy E.B. Since we both live so far in opposite directions, we often tend to meet last minute as they go through on vacation or up in Knoxville, but this time it was in Dollywood. For about a year, they have been trying to convince us to get season passes so we could go to Festival of the Nations and see the Christmas lights with them. So this year, we did. I'm so glad because Blake LOVED the Christmas lights. Nothing can describe what the park looked like at night. I've never seen so many lights on buildings! It was beautiful and the shows were incredible. We saw the Babes in Toyland show, as well as some musical ones. Blake sat quietly through all of them and would often watch them until he got tired and fell asleep. And let me just say that they have the nicest nursing station that I have ever seen. It was soooo cold outside that day and I felt kind of guilty for going in to a heated room to rock and nurse Blake:) But not bad enough that I didn't do it! Blake rode the carousal with us. He looked around a lot and smiled. We had such a great time with Mike, Lori, and E.B. I'm glad that our boys will get to be with each other, even if it's only at Dollywood!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...