Monday, December 15, 2008

4 month doctor's appointment

I have been meaning to update this all week, but just never got a chance to sit down and do it. I was going to post pictures along with this post, but that will come sometime this week when I find some time! Blake is keeping us busy now that he is beginning to teeth. He's been fussier than usual and wants to be with us constantly. He got his 4-month shots on Thursday and all was well. The doctor was very pleased with his growth and weight and said he was perfect. He is now 24 1/2 inches long and weighs 14 pounds 6 ounces. I couldn't believe he weighed that much! The first time we were there he was 5 pounds and now he's 14...no wonder he feels so much heavier! I will admit that my arms are becoming quite defined, though:)

Our choir and orchestra performed our Christmas cantata last night and we do one more performance at a different church tonight. It was really, really good. I love playing my bassoon for it, but I do wish that I had some more time to play more often and for more groups. It's just so relaxing! Blake is definitely the musical baby. Any type of music soothes him, especially his mommy's voice. He LOVES "Wheels on the Bus" complete with the actions. He just grins and laughs! I love watching his little face break out into the most beautiful grin. He is quite adorable, if I must say so myself. Not that I'm partial or anything.

I've been struggling with trying to get things done. However, I'm learning that it's okay that nothing gets done at the moment. It's just really hard for me to accept because I'm so used to having time to clean the house, read, work, etc. Now I do good to get a shower and wash my hair and exercise! You can pray that I will have patience and won't get frustrated when I don't complete my to-do list.

I'll post some pictures sometime this week. I just ran out of time at the moment!

1 comments:

hsm2twins

M & R! Your Christmas pix was lovely! Thanks so much for sending us a photo of your new baby boy. He is beautiful! Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy that baby. This time of year is so special. Love you guys, Velvet and Randy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...