Thursday, October 20, 2011

Our Delightful Girl

Baby M smiles a lot....really unless she's tired, hungry, or doesn't know you.  She is laid back (minus the tantrums she has learned to throw from her big brother) and is growing so much daily.  Where did my tiny baby go?!  She signs about 5-6 signs to us, which is a lot better than her screaming.  Her and B tend to get in squabbles more and more and I find that I spend more of my time breaking that up or disciplining or teaching B better ways to handle getting mad.  Yes...we rehearse scenarios and statements and we've had long talks about selfishness and our sin.  I want both of our kids to be selfless and am excited about some ministry ideas we are going to do.  I want them to learn early on to serve and I think they can learn that at an early age.  I love Charlotte Mason's approach to character qualities/habits and young children.  I'm striving to find all the teachable moments that I can, even though I know that I'm sure I'll miss plenty.

I'm so thankful for this little joy in our lives and for the playtime that we get to spend together.  I'm incredibly thankful to be there to watch her grow up most of the day....even if there are days where I think I'd rather work full time so I can get away from home and the whining! 



This was the best $3 I have ever spent on a toy!  Baby M plays with this for at least 10 minutes every day.  It beeps and turns and opens, which are all pluses for babies.  Did I say it was only $3 at a consignment sale?  So ready for another consignment sale.  They're the best!


1 comments:

lahancock27

Being at work does give me a definite break from the whining. :) You have a adorable kids.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...