Saturday, September 3, 2011

Book Review: A Confident Heart by Renee Swope

To be honest, what made me first chose this book was the fact that it had a foreword by Lysa TerKeurst.  I really enjoy Lysa and figured that if she liked this book then I should give it a try.  I think this is a perfect book for someone who doubts themselves and has a hard time thinking that God can and wants to be everything thing to them, despite the past, the lack of skills to offer, the knowledge, etc.  I mean, who at some point hasn't felt that God couldn't possibly use us.  It may be a fleeting thought or it may be one that is deeply lodged within us.

This book was written to where it could be used as a small group women's study.  It has questions after each chapter so you can dig deeper if you want.  She is very honest throughout about how she didn't think she was worth anything for many years and how it bothered her (and still could if she let it) when her kids forgot to appreciate her or her husband couldn't be all she wanted him to be.  Her story wrapped into this  was encouraging, despite all of the trials and pain she has gone through.

If you know of any discouraged women, buy this book and pass it to them.  I think that as they hear Renee's story that they, too, will come to the understanding that God is their Father, God wants what is best even when there are periods of silence, and God is Sovereign.  No past and no failure is so bad that He can't use it to bring glory to Him.

____________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest review of this book.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...