Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Book Review: One Call Away by Brenda Warner

I'll be honest.  I knew Kurt Warner played football, I knew he was popular, and I knew he and his wife started First Things First.  That's where my knowledge of the Warner family ended.  I did not know they had seven kids.  I did not know that Brenda was a Marine.  I did not know that she almost lost her firstborn baby.  In fact, I learned a lot about this woman. 

I didn't really expect to enjoy this book because I just figured it would be another one of those typical memoirs.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was different from the rest.  It was encouraging to hear her be blatantly honest about her feelings, to hear her talk about her financial difficulties, and to hear about a painful experience that happened in her marriage. 

I found that I could relate to her in some ways, but I have great respect for this woman who is Kurt's helper and who is a mom of seven.  I admire her honesty and her compassion. 
_________________
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <[...]> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 <[...]> : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...