Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Book Review: A Girl's Guide to Life by Katie Meier
I found this book very interesting and wish that I had the privilege to have read it when I was going through my teen years. It answered a lot of questions that I had back then. I was glad that she talked about all of the issues teen girls face, from eating disorders to sexuality and guys. She doesn't try to sugar coat things and she uses the real name for various body parts. In the sexuality section, she doesn't give too much information. I thought that she did a good job explaining things without being too vague or giving too much detail. She highlights Scripture throughout the book to show what God's view is on the certain issues, including different religions. I am planning on giving a copy to several girls I know! I think it would be a good way for them to learn about so many things that seem abnormal when you're in the midst of those teen years.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment