Monday, July 26, 2010
Book Review: Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore with Lynn Vincent
I was hesitant to read this book at first because it didn't seem all that interesting. However, after I read the reviews given and how positive people were about it, I decided to give it a chance. I'm so glad that I did. This book is probably one of my top favorites and it's even better that it's a true story. The friendship formed between Ron and Denver was beautiful. I appreciated the truth and honesty that they both shared, even though some of it was a bit painful to read. I admire Deborah, Ron's wife, who took what could have been a relationship-destroyer and showed grace enough to change her marriage into something that pleased God. I loved seeing her relationship with God strengthen enough to change TWO lives...her husband's and Denver's.
I was shocked to learn that a form of slavery had occurred under so many people's noses and that not as many people either didn't know about it or didn't care. I like to think that they didn't know about it. It was great to see the power of God working in a life of someone that most people walk by and don't think twice about. I love that God used this man to do great things for Him. Everyone expects that God uses certain types of people, but He doesn't and this book is a great illustration of that. This is a book that I hope to buy more of and give as presents. It is a great reminder that even serving in something that we think is no big deal is actually a great big deal to God. If we're doing as He has called us to do, then He will definitely shower it with blessings. Trials will come, as evidenced with Deborah, but His grace is sufficient to see us through those as well.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment