Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Visit with Nanny and Papa

I mentioned yesterday that we went to Florida for a mini-vacation. My family is from Florida, originally, and my grandparents still live there. We love going to visit them and spend time with them. We really have been wanting to go back since it's been almost a year since we had last been to Florida. We both desire for our children to know our families well and for them to be a huge part of their life. I mean, B still has his great-grandparents and his great-great-grandmother alive and kicking! Not many people can say that! I am so thankful that God has allowed them to watch him grow up.

As soon as we got to Nanny and Papa's house, B was ready to get out. He walked in and went to Papa and decided that he looked like someone who might let him get away with anything. From what I hear, Papa has changed since his fatherhood days! Come to think of it, so has my dad! B grabbed Papa's hand and took him outside. He wouldn't let me or Daddy T come with him since he was trying to talk Papa into opening his car door so he could spend approximately 45 minutes or longer "driving" the car and making truck noises (which are cute!). We did manage to open the door and tell Papa not to open his doors!



B then discovered Nanny's blood pressure machine. We toddler-tested it and it passed the test. As far as we know, it was still working when we left!


B then managed to find the candy jar. I'm not for sure if it was "left out" on purpose or if it normally sits within view, but he swiped it and kept begging for Nanny to open the lid of jellybeans. Since he was with his great-grandparents, we allowed them to give him 4. It was a special occasion....


Last, but not least, we went out to eat at our favorite restaurant. Everyone, and I do mean everyone in our family, likes to eat here when we go to visit. It's called Dixie Crossroads and they have the best corn fritters. I think B ended up eating 5 and I had powdered sugar covering my belly by the time I was done. B had it covering his little nose, which is what the picture below shows.



I'll leave you with what a 30-week belly looks like the 2nd time around....

We kept hearing B laughing quite loudly in the back of the house, so Daddy T took the camera and snuck in to get this video of what was causing the laughter. When Papa came back into the living room with B, all he said was "You're gonna need to repack his suitcase." That's it!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...