Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

I know it has been a week since I experienced my 10th anniversary of my 16th birthday. Doesn't that make me sound so incredibly young? It brought back so many childhood memories because I had to share half of my birthday cake with my brother (who has a birthday a week later to the date). Memories of shared birthday parties with shared friends and double the presents flashed in my head. Instead of all of the presents this year, though, there was lots of family. Which was what I wanted. We have officially grown too old to receive presents! It was funny, though, because God has been talking to me a lot about materialism so what greater way to prove His point than through the lack of things that I probably don't need! As far as the cake goes, I didn't mind sharing my half of the cake because at least I got a birthday cake this year! John and I thought it would be funny to pretend to cut our cake together like they do in weddings. What a funny brother I have! Oh...and I was mean. I slathered it all over his face.


I spent the morning with my old college roomies, which was wonderful. I was a little sick, but they made me feel so much better. We grew our friendship in new ways and even went on an unforgettable shopping adventure. I will always remember this birthday, needless to say! We made Jen pick up Everett and her mother-in-law so we could go to our house to show off the babies. Blake liked Everett. He kept wanting to touch him. We've decided that Nessa needs to babysit for us so we can get a night to ourselves. And so her house won't be as clean!


Every day should start out with a moment as sweet as mine did on my birthday. I love my precious boy!

As for birthdays, we have Blake's 1st birthday coming up on August 7th. That will be a post all in itself because I have so many emotions when it comes to that! We have planned his party and I'm in the process of sending out the invitations. I can't believe that it's almost here! Why does it all have to go by so incredibly fast?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...