Thursday, July 30, 2009

4th of July

Okay, so I'm finally posting our July 4th pictures a month late. Sorry! I go through periods where I feel like I've accomplished all I needed to do so I have a moment or two to sit down at the computer and then other times I stay so busy that I don't get a chance to update as much as I liked. We have stayed incredibly busy this summer and visited lots of family. I'm not exactly for sure where summer 2009 has gone. All I know was that it was fast! We had a travel-filled July 4th weekend. We started by going to our Hayes Family Reunion. It was so good to see everyone for the first time and for them to meet Blake. Last year he was kicking in my tummy and this year he was running around on concrete.





5 generations:





My great-grandmother, which makes her Blake's great-great-grandmother. And great she is!

They have a duck pond by the pavilion and Blake loved watching the ducks. We were going to let him feed the ducks but we didn't have anything to share.

We left that afternoon and made it back home in time for the fireworks downtown and to hear the concert. It was awesome! Blake liked the fireworks. He didn't even get scared. Raun's mom had picked out the perfect spot on the walkway that was shaded by a tree. I couldn't believe how packed it was and how much food was there. People brought stakes and staked out their area, which was a little dangerous because people almost tripped on them and you couldn't walk through their space without being yelled out. I kid you not. They INVITED people to come into their space. I do hope that they change that rule next year.





Earlier that week, we had went to our friend's, Walt and Jaime's, house to eat and then to walk to a nearby small town to watch the fireworks and hear the music. It wasn't as crowded there so Blake got to run around. But boy was he tired!


**I put up a lot of pictures for my family so they can right click on them and save them to their computer. It's so much easier that way! Sorry for the delay in posting them. There were just so many!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...