I know it has been a while since I have updated. I really do have more pictures to put up, but I just haven't had a chance to sit down and wait for the computer to download them. Blake is keeping us extremely busy these days, going from one thing to another, pulling stuff out of cabinets, opening and closing doors, walking WITHOUT the help of his parents (because that's just not cool at this stage), and making a mess in the whole front of the house! Needless to say, I'm looking forward to nap time more and more these days. Mom came to babysit for me on Monday and I wouldn't let her leave until I had a chance to at least clean the two bathrooms. If anyone has any advice on how to clean a house in the midst of someone following you undoing EVERYTHING you have just done, please tell me! It drives me nuts to know that my house is in shambles and then by the end of the day I'm running around like crazy trying to pick up and make sure it is at least presentable for my lesson students. Pass on your advice, you mothers who have been there, done that. Please!!!
In the work front, I now have a pediatrician who is prescribing music therapy! He is even billing it for insurance purposes so I'm extremely excited. I can't wait to get started with the little boy since he lives not too far from me. It will only be an extra 30 minutes so I can either see him on Mondays or do it when Raun gets home. I'm working at a summer camp for children with disabilities on Wednesdays. It's only for an hour, but it's so much fun. I am doing music therapy with them, as well as teaching them some popular dances that they would normally do if they were ever invited to a dance at school (such as the Chicken Dance, YMCA, etc.). They love it. We did the train last week and they LOVED that. I think we're going to throw a dance for them since they never get invited to anything like that. They are so much fun, though. I'm sad to say that one of my patients at the nursing home I work at passed away while I was on vacation. I couldn't believe it because although she had Alzheimer's, she was not sick. She was so sweet to me, but I hear she could be mean. She always sang the loudest and remembered many of the words to the songs. Her favorite thing to say was "I love you, honey" to which I would respond, "I love you, too, Mrs. E." It's just not the same without her there. I walk in expecting to hear her famous line and I miss it. Anyway, it's off to camp I must go once I wake up the Blakester. I'll try to post some pictures soon!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment