Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Another milestone crossed

Blake is now taking steps and is pushing his little fireman walker across the floor. He chose to begin this new phase of development while we were on vacation in Florida. I was taking a shower because I hate the feeling of sand when it dries, while Raun, Blake, and my parents were playing. I came out to loud noises and Raun came in to tell me that Blake had just took his first step. I was so sad. And yes, I cried. Not only because of the fact that he was growing up so fast, but also because I missed his first step. I mean, I'm with him almost every single day and he chooses to do this without me watching. Mom came in and talked to me, telling me that every mother knows how I felt and that I will miss a lot of firsts. That helped just to hear that other mother's felt this way. To top it off, my camera fell in the sand and broke, so I wasn't able to get a picture. I think my mom did, though.

Speaking of pictures, I will try to post some at some point soon. Raun turns 30 years old this weekend so we are going on a suprise trip for a few days. I'll let you know all about it when we get back. I'm excited because he's clueless!

Back to milestones, Blake also has cut another tooth. He now has two on the bottom. He looks so cute with that little toothy smile. I often think about how uncomfortable it must be to only have two teeth. Wouldn't that hurt when it hit the top of your mouth? Who knows. And I don't want to find out.

3 comments:

Jennifer

Awww! At least he was with you guys and he wasn't at day care or something when he took his first steps!

Where is the little guy that I photographed??!?! When is his birthday? I have a little something for you guys. :) Hope all is well!

Meg

I know! I always look at those pictures you took because they are hanging in our living room. He was so tiny and now he's so big. I can't believe it! His birthday is August 7. Crazy!

Anonymous

Megan, I missed Taylor's very first steps too :( . I work one day a week and wouldn't you know that's the day she chose to do it! It didn't make me too sad though b/c I decided when she was born that I couldn't very well be with her every minute of her life and I was bound to miss something. Fortunately, she stays at Sherry's when I work so Sherry got to witness it and Kraig happened to be over there for his lunch break so he got to see it too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...