Thursday, November 13, 2008

Welcome, Mastitis!

Well...I have mastitis. I had been feeling a bit sore this week, and I had a feeling it was this, but I hoped it wasn't. I had a pap smear scheduled for today, so I figured I'd wait and ask the doctor. Well, last night I was freezing and shaking and Raun said I was hot...even though I felt really cold and then really hot. He said I had a fever and it was confirmed today when I was the only person wearing a t-shirt in this weather and I wasn't even cold! In fact, I was hot! Anyway, so Blake slept through the night, but poor Raun didn't because I had a migrane that felt like my head was about to explode and he had to take care of me. The doctor only had to take one look and confirmed my fears...an infection that was mastitis. She started me on some antibiotics for a week and said that it should start feeling a bit better in 2 days. Then the sad part: I wasn't supposed to see her again for a year. A whole year! She had been such an integral part of my life for the past 9 months and to go a year without seeing her? She said I wasn't the only person who had said that they would miss her:) She was just so wonderful to me and I feel very comfortable with her. There really is a bond between the OB-GYN and the mom once you deliver a baby. It's like going through that process draws you into a relationship! Anyway, enough about my doctor.

Blake is doing well. We're battling congestion with him. We've had to put out the humidifer, clean out his nose, and put in some nose saline for him. He is still smiling and giggling, so he doesn't feel too bad. It just sounds awful. He is much more alert and loves to look at people now. He is still sleeping though the night and last night we got almost 9 hours of sleep. I can get used to that! He giggles a lot more and is becoming more verbal. When you look at him and smile, he smiles back with this big grin, exposing that cute dimple of his that he got from his daddy.

I'll try to post some pictures tonight or tomorrow for all to see. Got to go teach some lessons now..and pick up my meds.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...