Friday, November 14, 2008

3 months old...no way!

Blake has passed the 3 month mark. He's actually 14 weeks, but I'm having trouble keeping up with the weeks now so I've resorted to months. Raun put him in his Bumbo yesterday and he sat up in it for a few minutes. I was very happy, but sad at the same time. Even Raun said it was a bit sad...but of course, he didn't cry:) I finally ordered pictures to fill my frames from the birth. Looking back was weird because I couldn't remember him looking like that or being so small. I wish there was a way to capture all of those moments and freeze them. Here's a picture of what he looked like as a newborn and then now at 3 months. It goes by too fast! I barely remember being pregnant and going through the labor and delivery. I can't imagine my life without him, though.


1 week







3 months
Raun went on his annual golf trip with the boys this past week, so Blake and I spent a few days with Mom and Dad. Blake did great with the time change. I stayed on Eastern Time, which helped and so he slept through the night every time, except for one night when he woke up a little stuffy. I woke up my mom to make sure I wasn't missing anything when it came to treating this cold and it turns out I was doing all I could do. It made me feel good to know that I knew what to do. At least at this moment in his life:) Blake and I both got sick while I was there. I was supposed to go shopping with Nessa on Saturday, but because I was sick I opted to stay home so Mom and Dad could watch Blake while I rested a bit. It was one of my only chances to get well, so I decided that would be best. Nessa was so understanding, but Ness...next time, we're going shopping!


We got a 5 generation picture while I was there. It didn't dawn on me until Raun was showing someone a picture of Mama (my great-grandma) and Blake and said that was 5 generations. That was when I decided I needed a 5 generation picture because how many people can say that their great-great-grandmother was alive and held them when they were born. I thought it was awfully special, so Mom invited them all over for dinner on Sunday.

Here's some pictures from the week.












0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...