














It has been a rough past few days. Two nights ago, Blake woke up with a piercing scream at 3 a.m (which is weird because the earliest he wakes up normally is around 6:00). It was one of those cries where you know something is wrong. Raun beat me to him and he appeared to be okay and he stopped crying for a few minutes. I nursed him and got him to go back to sleep. He slept another 3 hours and then woke up with the same piercing cry. I ran over to him and picked him up and changed his diaper and nursed him, not for sure what to do for him. He wouldn't fall back asleep, so I turned him on his tummy and laid him on top of me hoping it would help his belly. It did and he slept a few more minutes. Around 9, I could hear his tummy making noises so I automatically went for my best friend, Mylicon. That seemed to help him a little bit and he calmed down a bit. I called my nurse practitioner friend and she told me about this medicine called Gripe Water...which has now become my bestest friend:) I couldn't get it until after I had a meeting about music therapy (which was great!) and I taught lessons (in which he slept). Raun came an picked him up for me halfway through and gave him the Gripe Water and it seemed to help last night. He woke up again last night, though about 3:30 a.m. so I'm not positive that he's feeling 100% better. I'm not too worried about him, though, because his appetite hasn't dropped any.
The story of the week: Yesterday, I had my meeting about music therapy and left in just enough time to get to the school to nurse before I taught my lessons. I pull up into the parking spot and begin to nurse. I finish, lift him up, and see poop that has leaked through his outfit and of course, onto my leg. Now...I'm used to having poop and spit up and pee on me, so I don't freak. (I have decided that being a mother is very unattractive at times! Not for sure it's even possible to get through a day without something one me!) I simply lay out the changing pad in my car and proceed to change this nasty, leaky diaper. There was no way to get his outfit off except for over his head, which you guess it...left poop all in his hair. Disgusting! I know he's a boy, but I refuse to let any boy of mine be a boy at this age...especially with nasty stuff in his hair! I take the wipies and clean it off of his head and the changing pad. I think I'm in the clear and begin to put his new diaper on and realize that it's all over his back and as if that's not enough, there's a puddle of spit up that's on the changing pad and, yes, you guessed it...his head. So I take the wipies out and clean him off AGAIN; I'm really wishing for a bathtub at this point. We finally get his new clothes on and I'm off to teach lessons....about 5 minutes late. Sheesh! Needless to say, I was a bit frazzled during my first lesson, which is with a boy with Asperger's so that equals out to a frazzled boy and a frazzled teacher and a not so great lesson. Oh well...next week will be better, I hope!
Blake loves taking baths with me in the tub with the bubbles blowing. He just kicks and splashes and smiles. He's definitely going to be a water boy. I told Raun that we were going to have to make out a schedule for our tub so I don't come home and find it occupied every night with Blake and his toys!
Julie kept Blake for the first time on Monday and she said that he did great. She said that Eli would just stare at Blake and Blake was a little oblivious at this point, but probably not for much longer. He loves Eli's little mirror, so I think we're going to have to get one for him to look at. I'm so glad that she is so close by to take care of him. We're wondering if Eli will teach Blake things, like speaking earlier and maybe crawling or walking. (Not so sure I'm ready for the crawling or walking! I like him being right where I put him while I run off to do things.)
I'll post some more pictures this weekend from our Halloween party at Cookie's (Raun's aunt) house and from the Pumpkin Patch at our church (yes, he will be dressing up....bet you have no idea what he'll be!), which is an alternative to Halloween.
The story of the week: Yesterday, I had my meeting about music therapy and left in just enough time to get to the school to nurse before I taught my lessons. I pull up into the parking spot and begin to nurse. I finish, lift him up, and see poop that has leaked through his outfit and of course, onto my leg. Now...I'm used to having poop and spit up and pee on me, so I don't freak. (I have decided that being a mother is very unattractive at times! Not for sure it's even possible to get through a day without something one me!) I simply lay out the changing pad in my car and proceed to change this nasty, leaky diaper. There was no way to get his outfit off except for over his head, which you guess it...left poop all in his hair. Disgusting! I know he's a boy, but I refuse to let any boy of mine be a boy at this age...especially with nasty stuff in his hair! I take the wipies and clean it off of his head and the changing pad. I think I'm in the clear and begin to put his new diaper on and realize that it's all over his back and as if that's not enough, there's a puddle of spit up that's on the changing pad and, yes, you guessed it...his head. So I take the wipies out and clean him off AGAIN; I'm really wishing for a bathtub at this point. We finally get his new clothes on and I'm off to teach lessons....about 5 minutes late. Sheesh! Needless to say, I was a bit frazzled during my first lesson, which is with a boy with Asperger's so that equals out to a frazzled boy and a frazzled teacher and a not so great lesson. Oh well...next week will be better, I hope!
Blake loves taking baths with me in the tub with the bubbles blowing. He just kicks and splashes and smiles. He's definitely going to be a water boy. I told Raun that we were going to have to make out a schedule for our tub so I don't come home and find it occupied every night with Blake and his toys!
Julie kept Blake for the first time on Monday and she said that he did great. She said that Eli would just stare at Blake and Blake was a little oblivious at this point, but probably not for much longer. He loves Eli's little mirror, so I think we're going to have to get one for him to look at. I'm so glad that she is so close by to take care of him. We're wondering if Eli will teach Blake things, like speaking earlier and maybe crawling or walking. (Not so sure I'm ready for the crawling or walking! I like him being right where I put him while I run off to do things.)
I'll post some more pictures this weekend from our Halloween party at Cookie's (Raun's aunt) house and from the Pumpkin Patch at our church (yes, he will be dressing up....bet you have no idea what he'll be!), which is an alternative to Halloween.










0 comments:
Post a Comment