Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day weekend and visits with family

I'm not going to lie...I've had a wonderful time with my husband the past two weeks. It was so nice to have him home with me and Blake. We went to the movies, ate out, slept in, relaxed...it was honestly more like a mini-vacation! However, he had to leave us this morning to go back to work...if he remembered how to get there. He did inform me that he was really going to miss me and Blake and he wished he could take off another week to spend with us. He's such a good daddy and husband!

Last weekend, we went to Manchester to see my great-grandma, grandma, and great-aunt. It was funny to watch Mama, Ma, and Mom fight over who got to hold him. I loved the pictures that had Mama holding him...her pretty face lit up when he was in her arms. He did really good on that little road trip. He slept the entire time. Dad is trying to teach him to cry louder so it bothers us more, but so far, Blake isn't taking his grandpa's advice. Thank goodness! I told Dad that when he starts crying the entire way is when we'll meet them halfway and let them take him the rest of the way home:)

Labor Day weekend was spent with Raun's family on Saturday at the lake. I have lately had lots of trouble remembering things, so the camera did not go with me. I even had it out on the dresser to take, but it didn't make it into the diaper bag. We had a picnic lunch under the trees, which was really nice. Ruth, and Raun's aunt and cousin were all there so they got to spend some individual alone time with him. I wish I had some pictures, but next time! Labor Day was spent with my parents coming to Chattanooga. Mom and I even got to go shopping for a few hours, which was nice. We left the boys (including Blake) watching football. Our friends, Damon, Leigh Anne, and Liam came over to join us for our cookout foods. Since my camera was at home, I was able to get a few pictures. I think Mom took a lot more than me, though.

I have to say...Mom's friend, Susan, is WONDERFUL!!! She bought Blake his very first FSU clothes! Raun was not too enthused, but do I look like I care? No! I mean, I bought him a cute little Florida outfit to wear on game days, so he can support me and my team.

Blake is getting stronger with holding his head up. It's not quite as floppy anymore. It's kinda sad because I love his floppy head and his light little body....but I guess I have to let him grow up a little...but definitely not too fast!

Like I said, today was my first day alone with him. It was harder than I thought it would be to get a shower and to get something done. When he was sleeping or right after eating, I accomplished a little; when he woke up, he'd want to be held or rocked or just wanted to stare at me as I talked with him and played. I love those little eyes and his pouty lips, but I can already tell I'm going to have to balance my time between everything. How in the world are you supposed to get everything done in a day?! And where do all the hours go? I'm hoping I'm having normal new mommy feelings and am not completely going crazy! And I do hope my memory returns...I hate forgetting EVERYTHING!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...