I absolutely can't believe it has been a month since I had Blake! It seems like yesterday when my water broke and the contractions began and I was pushing him out. I remember when I got back from the operating room and I looked at Raun telling him that it would definitely be a while before we had our second child because I was in so much pain. However, the next day I couldn't remember what the contractions felt like! Mom was right; you forget about the pain when you look at that baby. I mean, yes, there was lots of pain, but as each day passed, it got less and less, which was better and better. Not that I'm saying that a second child is in our near future...definitely hoping to wait a few years:) And hoping those years don't go by too fast!
I love being a mommy now. Not that I didn't love it before...it's just an adjustment with so many weird feelings. I look at Blake and hold his tiny hands and remember the week that his hands were supposed to be formed and his feet and his hair. It's amazing that his little body was inside me. We haven't had our doctor's appointment for him yet, so we're not for sure how much he weighs now. We'll find out at the end of the month. However, I'm entirely convinced that he is definitely in the 7 pounds category. I can't believe that he's gone from 5 pounds to somewhere near 7 in a month! Sheesh!
He's very consistent in his schedule; eating every 3 hours. It's wonderful. At bed time, he sleeps from approximately 11:00 to 6:00, although last night was a little rough. He stays awake during most of the afternoon, which makes from around 3:00-7:00 his cranky time. During this so-called cranky time, he likes to be held and rocked...but what does wonders? Hearing his mommy sing to him! That's right...I make up songs! Those same songs that Jen and Nessa used to make fun of me for singing in our apartment...those are the ones I sing...including Rubber Duckie! "Twinkle, Twinkle", "You Are My Sunshine," and "Rock-a-bye Baby" are his favorites. However, he also likes the songs that I've made up to popular tunes. Mom said that I became a music therapist so that I could write my own songs. Perhaps she is correct! It's just that my clients actually appreciate my sorry attempt at songwriting. Poor Jen and Nessa would often awake to my silly songs...although I like to think I inspired them to be creative beginning at the start of the day instead of in the practice rooms!
Blake's little legs are becoming more baby-like. The newbornness is going away...so sad! I loved those little wrinkles where it looked like he had come with extra skin. His little cheeks are filling out more and his lungs are really beginning to develop. He's tracking more and likes to look at your eyes. He responds very quickly to music...it calms him the fastest and it also does wonders in putting him to sleep. Don't worry...we use classical music...although he does respond to rap music (as noticed when we were out shopping and he was crying. He stopped!). I haven't tried the drums, yet...but one day I'm going to. He sleeps through the orchestra playing and the singing at church; he is not even disturbed! Amazing!
So far, Raun has been spit up on twice. We think it may have to do with the swaddle because it's happened 3 times at that point. Speaking of the swaddle...it's a lifesaver. We've purchased these SwaddleMe contraptions that are great! Even I can get it perfect everytime! He sleeps like a baby when he's swaddled...and so do we:)
We went outlet mall shopping last weekend so that I could get out some. We had a blast shopping and all. I only went up one pant size and stayed the same in shirts, so I had to buy a few pants to wear. I'm amazed at how much weight you loose during the first few weeks. It's kinda coming off more steadily now. I think I only have about 12 pounds left to loose until I get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.
I had my doctor's appointment this past Thursday and all was well. I thanked her for everything and for not making me feel scared at any point and for being so in charge when they had to take me to the OR. She said that it was definitely a rough time, but she just needed more light so she could get the bleeding to stop. She said it had happened somehow almost underneath my butt and she couldn't see all the way back there to fix it. I almost got teary-eyed talking to her because I knew God had worked out everything and had made it all happen the way that He knew it needed to (even though NONE of it was according to MY plan)! She said I was all healed and I am now cleared to work out and do everything like I did before. So...the next day, I hit the working out. Boy have I missed it! I'm easing back into it, but I can't wait to get into a regular schedule. I miss lifting weights and running...never thought I'd say that! Hear that, Nessa?!
Well, that's the update from this week. I'll try to post some new pictures tomorrow. I've got to tend to my son at the moment! I'm shocked I even had time to write this much!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment