Friday, June 4, 2010
Homemaking? Me?
My mother is probably doing a double take at the title of this post. I never inherited her gene for clutter-free living. My mother can part with things at the touch of a hat. She does hold on to sentimental things, but other stuff goes. Dad used to come home and ask where something was and we would always joke with him that Mom threw it away because that was more often than not EXACTLY what happened to his treasure. She gave up my room as I turned to be a teen. I think she saw that I do in fact come by hoarding naturally since both of my grandparents tend to collect things. Call it nesting or whatever, but I've turned over a new leaf. I'm working hard at cleaning, getting rid of anything I haven't used in the past year (although I do have some exceptions), and making our schedule and life just a bit more simple. I don't like being busy or feeling cluttered and stressed at home. I am proud to say that our bedroom has managed to stay almost spotless since Monday! I'll also admit that it took me almost 2 hours to clean out and off my nightstand. Part of that was because I had to take several breaks, but after I did it I took a picture to send to my mother. It's the cleanest it has EVER been. And what did I think about when I fell asleep that night? My shiny sink (yes...I'm obsessed over shining my sink, to which Daddy T laughs) and my uncluttered nightstand. I have had just a bit of help in my new homemaking thanks to several of my favorite websites that are giving me ideas and helping me stay on task. So what am I doing with the free time I have from not having to heavily clean my house every day? Making a quilt and crocheting a blanket. Like I honestly have time for this, but hopefully I'll get the top sewn Saturday and Sunday and can post pictures. It looks so cute! So, this is me...turning over a new leaf. Perhaps I did get more of my mother than I thought.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment