I was a little hesitant in reading this book for one reason (I'll explain in a bit), but I'm so glad I did! I love reading and studying about Revelation, but it tends to scare me a bit. Honestly, I think it's because it's so hard to fathom that I just can't wrap my brain around it and knowing that it is prophecy that has yet to be fulfilled makes it even harder to read. To be even more honest, I used to love reading the Left Behind Series until it gave me nightmares and I had to stop. Needless to say, I am not a scary movie kinda girl! All of that to say that I thought this book would be one of those that I could only read first thing in the morning when my imagination wouldn't take things to the extreme. However, I was wrong. I LOVED the theology he included, as well as his commentaries that he had studied. I learned a lot about John, the individual events, and was even amazed at how America is following in the same pattern as some of the churches specifically warned. It wasn't one of those books that said the time is now, Jesus is coming back in 2010 or anything like that. He focused on hope for the future, not fear in the events and how they will take place. I love Billy Graham's writings because you can see his heart for God in all that he does. He longs to see more people come to know Him as their personal Savior, not so he looks good, but because he knows that is the only way for eternal life. It's a very thought-provoking book and one that I highly recommend if you are interested in Revelation in the slightest bit.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com










0 comments:
Post a Comment