Daddy T and I let Mama and Pops take B back to their country home Easter weekend. Mama came to our house and went to Kindermusik with us and then took B home with her for the night on Good Friday. I'll admit that I did cry, but I wanted to do it so it wouldn't be such a shocker when I have to go in the hospital. Daddy T and I have decided that we don't want B to come to the hospital because he would cry a lot when he left which would make it harder for me. If he goes and plays with his grandparents, he'll never notice that we're not there. He loves both sets of grandparents, which is great!
B carried his own little sleepover bag to my mom's car and put on his hat. He looked like such a big boy. I couldn't help but cry! I was also a little nervous as to what I would do that night. I mean, I had a lot of things that needed to be done, but I had never been at my house without B so I was afraid that it being quiet would bother me a lot. I made plans to teach a piano lesson and then to hang out at the pottery painting place for a few hours. It was wonderful and relaxing! I painted a beautiful bowl (if I must say so myself) and an outlet cover for our baby girl's room. I kept hearing all of these other kiddos calling for their mom's. Of course, I looked up every time, but I didn't miss being called for or made in a hurry to get home!
Daddy T and I even stayed up late that night to clean out part of my closet and to watch a movie. We knew we'd get to sleep in the next day, so we had no problem at all staying up late. I'll admit that I woke up at 7:30 since it's our routine anyway. I rolled over (as much as a pregnant woman can roll) to Daddy T's side and started saying "huh" to him so he wouldn't feel like he was missing out on anything. Just to clear it up, Daddy T and B say "huh" every morning to each other from their own bedrooms. It proceeds to other words and other sounds, but it always starts with "huh." Thankfully, Daddy T didn't smack me for waking him up since he was awake, too. It wasn't hard to fall back asleep, though.
We took our time getting to the country because we realized that we could do things A LOT faster without B. We felt bad saying that we enjoyed our time without B! It was kind of nice to do things without worrying about naps, bedtimes, dinner times, snack times, how many times we've gotten him in/out of the carseat, etc. We went to pick out our bedding for the baby's room, paint samples, and so many other things. Do you realize what you can do in an hour?! I was amazed!
Anyway, when we got to the country, B didn't even care to see us! He was out with the cows and acted shy when he saw us. He was afraid that we'd take him away from Pops. Apparently he was having a blast and Pops had equal fun having B as his little shadow everywhere he went. B backed up the tractor by himself, helped with the cows, drove the truck around the fields, and who knows what else! He pretty much went wherever Pops went and when he turned his truck on, B would stop whatever he was doing and run to the truck.
We went in with my parents to buy B his own little John Deere tractor from a consignment sale. You couldn't beat the price! He loves it and we decided to keep it in the country so that he would have something to play with there.













1 comments:
Glad you got some relaxing time away from your beautiful B. You should do it again before baby comes! :O)
Post a Comment