I love sugar, but that's not why I'm titling my post this. I am apparently 30 weeks along this already. Seriously? I think somehow I lost count because I really thought I was only 28 weeks along. 30 is big. Blake was born at 36 weeks. That's like....not that far away. I secretly don't mind going longer because perhaps it'll be born on my birthday or the 4th! How cool would that be? Fireworks (for free) on your birthday. Sounds good to me! Anyway, that's not what this post is about, either.
I had my glucose test this past week. I am assuming it turned out fine because I haven't heard otherwise, thank goodness. Let me just say that the drink you must suck down doesn't really taste bad...if you like sugar and lots of it. I like sugar, but only a little of it. I absolutely HATE drinks full of sugar. I am the type of person who prefers water (or coffee) to sodas. I like to have a sip of a coke or a sip or two of whatever Daddy T's drinking (except for sweet tea these days...I love that stuff) and I'm good. Too much sugar makes me feel sick. Our baby girl apparently likes the stuff though. Her heartrate had been going down at every appointment. It was down to 140 bpm last month. This month, you ask? Well, after drinking that sugary drink in 5 minutes and waiting an hour, it was 160 and you could visibily see her poking out both sides of my belly. It was funny to watch, but annoying when I was trying to sit still because it kept making me jump. She has quite the kick!
I am now to the point where I go every 2 weeks. How that snuck up on me, I don't know except maybe for the fact that I can barely keep track of what day it is today and please don't ask me what the number date is. I know I'm in April and I think that's good enough. It's even better that I know that I am at the end of April!
I have a post titled 28 weeks all edited and saved and ready to be posted. But...since I'm not 28 weeks, I wanted to post this one first. I'll add an updated pregnancy picture to that post so you can see what 30 weeks has done to me. The only thing that picture doesn't show is the decrease in my energy level! Just know it's there.










0 comments:
Post a Comment