Monday, April 27, 2009

Milestones

This was a weekend of firsts! I don't even know where to begin. Last month he began taking steps by himself with us holding his hands. He knows to put one foot in front of the other and would much rather walk than sit. He has been trying to crawl for the past few weeks but has never succeeded in actually moving across the floor (except by rolling across it). However, our end of sitting in place has ended. He began crawling on Saturday and really enjoys it. I'll try to get a video this week of him in action.

In an earlier post, I talked about Blake's love for pulling down the bumper to look at me. It is so adorable. Well, I was able to get a video of what he looked like one morning. Is it not the cutest thing? He's so proud of himself, too.

Yesterday was spent childproofing the house. We finally bought some baby gates to put in the hallway and at the top of the stairs. We have also put plugs in the outlets. We'll probably do more throughout the next week, but that's it for the moment.
Yesterday afternoon, Raun and I walked in on Blake sitting up in his bed for the first time. I couldn't believe my eyes and neither could Raun. I grabbed my camera to capture the first time. So because of this new skill, we (and I mean Raun) had to lower the crib so our little bundle of muscles couldn't hurl himself over the side and onto the floor (which seems to be a common theme with him). It's another sign of him growing up and all too fast.



Finally, for those of you who know Suzzy, I took this video for you. I knew no one would believe my earlier post about how much Suzzy and Blake love each other since Suzzy is not the favorite among too many people, except a few of our family members. Take a look and you won't believe your eyes!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...