We had Blake's 6-month appointment today and it went well. He got his first finger prick, which he did well with and then only got one shot today. He cried for a second and then I picked him up and nursed him and he was fine. I'm thankful that we haven't had any bad reactions with it, yet. He now weighs 16 pounds 4 ounces and is 27 inches long. The pediatrician said he'll be long and skinny...we'll see if she's right! When the nurse weighed him, I couldn't believe it was 16 pounds. Where did my 6 pound newborn go to and when did he gain all this weight?! He's doing great eating his green beans and is now sitting in his high chair at the dinner table with us. He loves measuring spoons and I have been able to cook a lot easier now that I can keep him occupied with spoons.
My heart has been troubled the past few days because of a girl that I went to school with. Her baby is 2 months old and has down syndrome. However, he is in the hospital and has RSV, is on a vent, and has a heart problem. It just reminds me so much of Shannon. I cry every time I read the blog because I can't help but think of all that she's going through as a mother. It has made me hold Blake even more and love on him tons! I don't know how Aunt Patricia and Uncle Ray do it, but they do. I don't know how they were able to watch their little girl in the hospital, but they did. I just wish that these things never happen, even though I know they happen for a reason and God uses it for good. I miss Shannon so much and I feel like I'm reading a story (with a little differences) that describe a little of what went on when Shannon was a baby on this girl's blog. My heart just breaks knowing that she doesn't know how her baby will do and if he will even be okay. Please pray for this family.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comments:
Thinking about all Emily, Zac, and Cooper are going through breaks my heart too. I'm thankful to know that they are Christians and can find comfort in God. I've been asking all of our friends to pray for them too.
Post a Comment