Gator bait!
Florida/UT game...socks were given by his Uncle John
Thanks Susan for the Noles outfit!
Gator boys

Jeanine remindsa me so much of Shannon...
Mrs. Gunter
Nessa
watching football...his first season!


Well, my baby boy is growing like a weed. I was in denial until I went to the doctor yesterday! I knew that he had been going through a growth spurt because he was wanting to eat longer and we hadn't been able to go the full 3 hours between feedings like normal. We adjusted his eating time to around every 2-2 1/2 hours and it was like he was always hungry! I had pumped some milk for church on Sunday and it had a little over 5 oz. in it. I thought he wouldn't eat that much, but yep, he did! With not much coaxing, either! So, needless to say, I was still a bit shocked when they weighed him. I was expecting him to be 7 or 8 pounds, since we had originally clocked in at 6 lbs. 6 oz. at birth and 5 lbs. 13 oz. when we brought him home. Once placed on the scale, it read 9 lbs. 9 oz. No wonder my arm was going to sleep more! I couldn't believe he had gained that much so quickly. Where's my little 5 lb. baby? He's also grown longer...but Raun and I had figured that much. He is 23 inches, so he's gained 2 inches since birth. He's also filling out more and staying awake most of the day. He has such beautiful, clear eyes and is starting to smile. I'm still not convinced that he knows why he's smiling, but I expect that to improve over the next couple of weeks. He is still sleeping really well and we're about to move him to his very own room. He's become a very noisy sleeper and despite him being in the cradle all night, I'm not really having to get up with him except through growth spurts. So...once we get a baby gate, (mostly to keep the dogs in the room) then we will place Blake in his very own big boy bed....no more cradle! I'm still sad about that, so I'm not rushing into it, but I do imagine it being rather soon.
Blake got his first 2 shots yesterday. He did great and only cried a little. I think I cried more than him! It was so hard to see him scream and to know that I couldn't take away the pain for him. I was torn about the shots, since I work with so many children with autism. Raun and I decided that he would get all the shots, but in a modified schedule, so he wouldn't get more than 2 at one time and they are spaced out. I am probably going to pick apart the MMR shot, just for my ease of mind, but I'm still praying about the best decision for that. It's just scary since boys are at a higher risk of autism and I can't imagine something happening to him.
Raun's mom has been so wonderful in helping me get things done. I'm still trying to figure out how to do everything and not to feel guilty about not being as productive as normal. It's weird...I feel guilty if I'm with Raun and not with Blake and vice versa. I'm still trying to figure out where I fit in. I know it's very important for me to have my time and date night...I feel that's important for me and our relationship. She has been able to come watch him while I clean and get some work done. She has been cooking for us about once a week, which has been great. I love having a day off from cooking!
My mom came up to stay the weekend with us this past weekend and she got to babysit him for us on Saturday. Raun had gotten me a pregnancy massage for my birthday, so I went for my massage (which I switched to a different type of massage). I also got my manicure and pedicure, so it was a very relaxing day. I'm thinking that massages are going to be a monthly must for me. I felt so good afterwards and my back pain is gone, as well as my neck pain.
I also got to see one of my best friends, Nessa, this weekend. She came down on Friday on her way to her neice's birthday party. We got up early on Saturday and went to Panera Bread and Starbucks for some nice girl chat before my massage and her meeting the in-laws. I have missed her so much. There's just something about being with your girl friends that know everything about you! And good news in her life...Josh is coming home for their anniversary and might be there for Christmas! Please continue to pray for Josh's safe return from Afghanistan. Nessa is one strong woman and I truly admire that girl!
I'm packing our bags for our first weekend visit to Manchester. I'm heading there to see Mandi's new baby boy (Turner), a middle/high school friend of mine (Danielle and her son Owen) and then to see the parents and grandparents. Even Mama's coming in for a visit! I'm so excited to see her again. I'm looking forward to seeing the family and well...there's no other way to put it...showing off Blake! This is his second visit there, but his first overnight one. We'll see how he does in the car ride!
In breastfeeding news, my plugged duct finally became unplugged and feels MUCH better. Last Sunday morning at 6 a.m., Raun went to Walmart to buy cabbage leaves. I put the leaves on there and it relieved the pain! Who knew! My nurses told me about that before leaving the hospital and they were right. I also used that as an excuse to get in my jacuzzi tub! But all is well and back to normal this week!
Enjoy the new pictures! More is on the other site!
Blake got his first 2 shots yesterday. He did great and only cried a little. I think I cried more than him! It was so hard to see him scream and to know that I couldn't take away the pain for him. I was torn about the shots, since I work with so many children with autism. Raun and I decided that he would get all the shots, but in a modified schedule, so he wouldn't get more than 2 at one time and they are spaced out. I am probably going to pick apart the MMR shot, just for my ease of mind, but I'm still praying about the best decision for that. It's just scary since boys are at a higher risk of autism and I can't imagine something happening to him.
Raun's mom has been so wonderful in helping me get things done. I'm still trying to figure out how to do everything and not to feel guilty about not being as productive as normal. It's weird...I feel guilty if I'm with Raun and not with Blake and vice versa. I'm still trying to figure out where I fit in. I know it's very important for me to have my time and date night...I feel that's important for me and our relationship. She has been able to come watch him while I clean and get some work done. She has been cooking for us about once a week, which has been great. I love having a day off from cooking!
My mom came up to stay the weekend with us this past weekend and she got to babysit him for us on Saturday. Raun had gotten me a pregnancy massage for my birthday, so I went for my massage (which I switched to a different type of massage). I also got my manicure and pedicure, so it was a very relaxing day. I'm thinking that massages are going to be a monthly must for me. I felt so good afterwards and my back pain is gone, as well as my neck pain.
I also got to see one of my best friends, Nessa, this weekend. She came down on Friday on her way to her neice's birthday party. We got up early on Saturday and went to Panera Bread and Starbucks for some nice girl chat before my massage and her meeting the in-laws. I have missed her so much. There's just something about being with your girl friends that know everything about you! And good news in her life...Josh is coming home for their anniversary and might be there for Christmas! Please continue to pray for Josh's safe return from Afghanistan. Nessa is one strong woman and I truly admire that girl!
I'm packing our bags for our first weekend visit to Manchester. I'm heading there to see Mandi's new baby boy (Turner), a middle/high school friend of mine (Danielle and her son Owen) and then to see the parents and grandparents. Even Mama's coming in for a visit! I'm so excited to see her again. I'm looking forward to seeing the family and well...there's no other way to put it...showing off Blake! This is his second visit there, but his first overnight one. We'll see how he does in the car ride!
In breastfeeding news, my plugged duct finally became unplugged and feels MUCH better. Last Sunday morning at 6 a.m., Raun went to Walmart to buy cabbage leaves. I put the leaves on there and it relieved the pain! Who knew! My nurses told me about that before leaving the hospital and they were right. I also used that as an excuse to get in my jacuzzi tub! But all is well and back to normal this week!
Enjoy the new pictures! More is on the other site!










1 comments:
Ya know... I think Blake looks a LOT like John. He really is SUCH a cute baby!!
Did you get to see Mandi? How is she??
Post a Comment