Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

I'm sure you've noticed my absence on this blog for the past few weeks.  What have I been doing instead of informing you of the happenings in our lives?  Well, pneumonia and the flu have been visiting our house in the midst of house showings.  Talk about feeling like I couldn't possibly handle anything else.  However, God got me through it with my sanity intact and hopefully all are on the mend.

To start off, last Monday my mom came to visit since she had the day off of school.  I had planned to do something fun with the kids, but it seems like they are always sick when she comes.  I'm incredibly thankful she came that day because Baby M was really sick and I just felt like I needed to take her to the doctor.  She had the same cough that B did when he had walking pneumonia last year.  Daddy T has learned not to second guess me when it comes to the kids and sickness because I'm usually right.  Mom's intuition, I'm told.  I told him Monday morning that I was concerned about her and that I was taking her because I thought it was turning into pneumonia.  I was correct.  Her blood count was high so we she got a shot on Monday (a heavy duty shot) and Tuesday and started her antibiotics on Wednesday of last week.  The chest x-ray showed that it had gone into her right lung but I had caught it early enough that we escaped a hospital visit, thank goodness!

On Thursday, it was such a beautiful day and we needed out of the house.  Since Baby M was on the mend, I figured we'd go with a friend to the park to enjoy the 70 degree weather that has been visiting us over the past few weeks.  I missed the fact that the pollen count was really high, so both kids starting showing their asthma symptoms with the wheezing and coughs and noses.  So the yellow bear became our best friend over the past two weeks with breathing treatments.  Even Baby M's baby dolls received their treatments and naps.

Then this past Monday afternoon, B started running a low grade fever and coughing a lot.  Coughing, as in literally every couple of seconds.  I gave him a treatment hoping it would help, but it only helped a little bit.  We went through the night like that but his fever starting spiking.  So B had a visit to the doctor yesterday because he looked like a basset hound with those droopy eyes, watery eyes constantly, and coughing.  He was incredibly lethargic and just would stare at you.  The doctor was concerned about him because every test he took was negative but he said that he's almost certain he had the onset of the flu, which I wouldn't doubt because I never got him the flu shot.  Since B hadn't slept in a couple of days, the doctor gave him some strong meds that let him sleep but also helped him feel a lot better.  He woke up this morning a new kid.  I think we caught that early enough, as well, which I'm very thankful for.

Now with both kids on the mend, we're gearing up for an eventful next 2 months.  We've had wonderful news on our house and an answer to prayer, but I'm not quite ready to reveal the decisions made just yet.  But I'm so very thankful to know that God revealed His plan to me concerning our house in the SAME EXACT way in which He answered my prayer.  It was incredible and definitely NOT a coincidence.  I'm so thankful that we serve an Sovereign God who has a much better plan for us than we could ever have for ourselves.

I promise it won't take me quite as long to update next.  Perhaps the next will be filled with pictures....

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...