Thursday, November 10, 2011

Book Review: The Three Trees by Elena Pasquali

I have always enjoyed this children's book from the time I first read it as a child and even now as I am reading it to my own children. 

The Three Trees is a traditional folktale that talks about, of course, three trees.  Two trees want to be cut down and made into something great.  The other tree doesn't want to be touched.  It just wants to continue growing and pointing to heaven.

Years later, all the trees get cut down and are used for a purpose that was not what they were hoping for.  I can't really tell you anymore or I'll spoil the book!  The illustrations throughout this book are beautiful.  They are very appealing to the eye and isn't crowding the pages.

If you have children, this would make a great stocking stuffer or present for any child who likes to read or be read to.  It also opens the door for some questions to be asked from your children, which I always welcome that.
____________
I received this book free from Kregel Publications in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...