This is a neat Bible that focuses on how God calls us to go, serve, give, heal, and teach all the way from Genesis to Revelation. It's written in the NKJV (New King James Version) and has a concordance in the back of it. It's is small (like the size of a regular book) so it can easily be carried around. It has real-life stories in it that show how real people with real lives have answered God's call. They are just ordinary people that are obeying. Along with the stories, there is a Personal Take Action note page so you can write your notes on. At the end of the Bible, there are 52 Take Action ideas of how to put your faith into action andhow to go, serve, give, heal, and teach. I love the Bible reading plan that is included in it, as well. It has a column for your morning devotions and your evening devotions. The words of Jesus are in red and there are text notes. It is not a study Bible, so there aren't a lot of notes or extra information about the time/history/etc. given, other than God's Word. Just the name of the Bible alone reminds you that the Bible isn't meant to just sit on a table and collect dust or to only be read. It was meant as a guide for us to put into practice and live it out, no matter how easy or difficult the circumstances. Every time I look at the title, the first thing that pops in my head is obedience and that alone reminds me what God wants me to do. This would make a great gift!
____________________________________
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <[...]> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 <[...]> : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Friday, April 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











0 comments:
Post a Comment