Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What Comes Ingrained in Boys...

I am constantly learning new things about boys, in general, everyday. Some fascinate me. Others I am shocked by. So what are a few that make my list?

1. Wiping their mouth on their sleeve. B has somehow learned to wipe his mouth using his shirt sleeve after EVERY bite that he takes. Yes, he does ask for the napkin and we gladly give it to him. However, the napkin is used AFTER he wipes it on his shirt. Poor kid has to change his shirt after almost every meal because there is so much food on the sleeve. So far it all has come out, though! The question I have is "where did he learn this behavior?" He's not around any child that does this. I would understand if he had an older brother or if his Daddy did it, but as far as I know, Daddy T's sleeves are all clean after dinner. At least, I'm assuming so. Perhaps I need to go check them before I throw them in the laundry....

2. "Huh?" B has learned this word very quickly. Once again, no clue where. He says it when you say "no," "go get...." and pretty much anything he doesn't want to do, like cleaning his toys. I find it funny, though, that there is no "huh" when you say "B, do you want to eat?" He just runs to his booster seat and sits in it and then starts signing (or screaming if it's a day when he's forgotten that he can actually communicate to me using words). Proof that boys have selective hearing and that it apparently comes on quite early. Who knew!

3. "Vroom, vroom." Car noises. Give a boy a car and he automatically starts making this noise. Odd! I mean, B was about 6 months old when he had a car and started to make this noise. No other toy evoked this sound...only toy cars.

4. Sweeping/Vacuuming. Okay, okay, I know that's not originally said about males, BUT I consider it proof that they actually WANT to help out their moms that do so much for them. Granted, it's not really helping in any form, but it's such a sweet gesture that I am planning on nurturing in hopes that my future daughter-in-law will love me so much for teaching him this that she will want to come and visit me as much as she can as a form of repayment. A mom can hope and pray that about her son, right? Please don't tell me MY son is going to get married and not come back to visit.

In response to #4, I was talking with one of my best friends that watches B for me one day a week. We are always talking about the married part for the boys because we can't imagine the day when they don't want to see us or when they don't want to come visit and spend as much time as they can with us. It absolutely breaks our hearts. (That is one reason I told Daddy T we have to have a girl at some point because I NEED at least one child that will come home for the holidays!) Anyway, I asked her precious baby E if he would always love his mommy and come home as much as he possibly could and he said "uh huh." Of course he had no idea what I just said, but my friend J loved his answer! Maybe E will work on B and I'll get the same answer from him!

1 comments:

Anonymous

I know what you mean about the boys and wondering if they will come home for Christmas when they grow up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...