
My dogs while I work

The title about sums up my week! What I thought was going to be a very calm and rather boring week has turned into a crazy week.
I began to get ready for work on Friday and began to feel very nauseus. I knew it wasn't pregnancy nausea, but I couldn't figure out. Well, I ended up vomiting, but thought I was better, so I went to work at my psych hospital. Within an hour I had to leave because I couldn't stop vomiting. I went home and Raun came home early to take care of me. I couldn't hold down solids or liquids. After talking to my mom later that afternoon, I decided to call my doctor and see what I needed to do so I wouldn't get dehydrated. I was becoming really thirsty and couldn't keep water down. My doctor was glad I called because he said I would have ended up in the hospital with IV's had I not called. So....I got the lovely experience of suppositories. NOT much fun! I told Raun that we were just making more memories! He was great at taking care of me and making sure that I was okay. By Saturday night, he asked me if I wanted to sit on the couch. I caught on that he was tired of walking back and forth to the bedroom, so I laid on the couch and watched a movie with him. Needeless to say, I missed the Jerusalem Walk on Sunday since I couldn't get out of bed and stand up straight! I was bummed, but I guess out of all the weekends, it was a good one to be sick on. I haven't been that sick since high school...but at least I've avoided the flu outbreak that's been hitting everyone (and lots of people have had it twice).
I'm now 15 weeks and feeling better. I am getting a little bigger of a belly and my maternity pants fit better and better. I can still wear normal shirts for the most part....they've just become shorter! A couple that is in our Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University class brought us a baby bathtub, some cloth diapers, and a few other things. It's weird to actually be accumulating this stuff now. We woke up this morning and Raun said it's getting scary now because it's really happening. It'll be even more real when we see the baby for the first time next month. I can't believe I'm at the end of my 4th month. Time has flown by. I really want to cherish it because I in no way feel ready to be a mom, but I know that I'll learn as the baby grows!
One of my dear Starbucks friends entered Heaven on Tuesday. Mrs. Marilyn had been battling cancer for many years, but it came back during the last 3 years and 3 months. She did live to see her grandbaby get born, which was God's gift entirely! She taught me so much about patience, endurance, and fighting the fight. She had such a strong faith and knew that she was about to see her Heavenly Father. Before she passed away, she described seeing a vision, full of beautiful lights, beautiful noise, and beautiful friendships. She was so inspiring and encouraging. Despite her long journey that was full of pain and suffering, she always knew that God was with her during it all....He was walking with her, knew her pain, holding her up, and not letting her go. I met Mrs. Marilyn in my Bible Study class that is full of what they call themselves "grandmas." I'm by far the youngest, but they love having me because I make them feel young and I like them because I can learn so much from them and what they've been through in life. There's nothing like the older generations teaching the younger and fulfilling God's Word in discipleship.
Speaking of Bible Study, we've started a new one called "When Women Say Yes to God." It's so wonderful. It reminds us to look for those divine appointments in which God calls us into. He's a personal God and is wanting for nothing but obedience, even in what seems outrageous to the world. I highly recommend this Bible Study. After this one, we get to do Beth Moore's new one...which is gonna be awesome! I love Beth Moore...she's so gifted by God.
My kids choir is doing wonderful at church. I love working with them. I hadn't told them that I was pregnant because I wasn't for sure how to tell them and I really didn't think they'd care (they are 4th and 5th graders). However, last night during rehearsal, I saw the girls pointing, whispering, shaking their heads, so I figured I'd address the issue. I informed the group before they left that "No, I'm not getting fat....I'm having a baby." One dear, precious, sweet girl said, "I thought so because you were skinny before!" I had no idea what to say, but Raun just laughed! At least she thought I was skinny previously! Out of the mouth of babes....
We have officially booked our hotel for our anniversary trip to Myrtle Beach. I can't wait to go. It's such a beautiful place and the beach is very clean. Not to mention...lots of shopping is available and my list of things to shop for is getting longer and longer!
Next week: 16 week appointment and hear the heartbeat again!
I began to get ready for work on Friday and began to feel very nauseus. I knew it wasn't pregnancy nausea, but I couldn't figure out. Well, I ended up vomiting, but thought I was better, so I went to work at my psych hospital. Within an hour I had to leave because I couldn't stop vomiting. I went home and Raun came home early to take care of me. I couldn't hold down solids or liquids. After talking to my mom later that afternoon, I decided to call my doctor and see what I needed to do so I wouldn't get dehydrated. I was becoming really thirsty and couldn't keep water down. My doctor was glad I called because he said I would have ended up in the hospital with IV's had I not called. So....I got the lovely experience of suppositories. NOT much fun! I told Raun that we were just making more memories! He was great at taking care of me and making sure that I was okay. By Saturday night, he asked me if I wanted to sit on the couch. I caught on that he was tired of walking back and forth to the bedroom, so I laid on the couch and watched a movie with him. Needeless to say, I missed the Jerusalem Walk on Sunday since I couldn't get out of bed and stand up straight! I was bummed, but I guess out of all the weekends, it was a good one to be sick on. I haven't been that sick since high school...but at least I've avoided the flu outbreak that's been hitting everyone (and lots of people have had it twice).
I'm now 15 weeks and feeling better. I am getting a little bigger of a belly and my maternity pants fit better and better. I can still wear normal shirts for the most part....they've just become shorter! A couple that is in our Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University class brought us a baby bathtub, some cloth diapers, and a few other things. It's weird to actually be accumulating this stuff now. We woke up this morning and Raun said it's getting scary now because it's really happening. It'll be even more real when we see the baby for the first time next month. I can't believe I'm at the end of my 4th month. Time has flown by. I really want to cherish it because I in no way feel ready to be a mom, but I know that I'll learn as the baby grows!
One of my dear Starbucks friends entered Heaven on Tuesday. Mrs. Marilyn had been battling cancer for many years, but it came back during the last 3 years and 3 months. She did live to see her grandbaby get born, which was God's gift entirely! She taught me so much about patience, endurance, and fighting the fight. She had such a strong faith and knew that she was about to see her Heavenly Father. Before she passed away, she described seeing a vision, full of beautiful lights, beautiful noise, and beautiful friendships. She was so inspiring and encouraging. Despite her long journey that was full of pain and suffering, she always knew that God was with her during it all....He was walking with her, knew her pain, holding her up, and not letting her go. I met Mrs. Marilyn in my Bible Study class that is full of what they call themselves "grandmas." I'm by far the youngest, but they love having me because I make them feel young and I like them because I can learn so much from them and what they've been through in life. There's nothing like the older generations teaching the younger and fulfilling God's Word in discipleship.
Speaking of Bible Study, we've started a new one called "When Women Say Yes to God." It's so wonderful. It reminds us to look for those divine appointments in which God calls us into. He's a personal God and is wanting for nothing but obedience, even in what seems outrageous to the world. I highly recommend this Bible Study. After this one, we get to do Beth Moore's new one...which is gonna be awesome! I love Beth Moore...she's so gifted by God.
My kids choir is doing wonderful at church. I love working with them. I hadn't told them that I was pregnant because I wasn't for sure how to tell them and I really didn't think they'd care (they are 4th and 5th graders). However, last night during rehearsal, I saw the girls pointing, whispering, shaking their heads, so I figured I'd address the issue. I informed the group before they left that "No, I'm not getting fat....I'm having a baby." One dear, precious, sweet girl said, "I thought so because you were skinny before!" I had no idea what to say, but Raun just laughed! At least she thought I was skinny previously! Out of the mouth of babes....
We have officially booked our hotel for our anniversary trip to Myrtle Beach. I can't wait to go. It's such a beautiful place and the beach is very clean. Not to mention...lots of shopping is available and my list of things to shop for is getting longer and longer!
Next week: 16 week appointment and hear the heartbeat again!










0 comments:
Post a Comment