Taylor
Dalton
I told Mama that Dad was a foot doctor:)
16 weeks
16 weeks--my Easter dress that I couldn't wear because it was too cold
One of my beautiful flowers in the flower garden
I cannot believe that I'm 17 weeks pregnant yesterday. How amazing! It has gone by so incredibly fast. My belly is definitely getting bigger...almost everyday, it seems. I've been feeling slight movements, especially after I eat my Lucky Charms at night before sleep. Maybe it's the sugar? I gained my first pound this past week. I was kinda sad, even though I know it's for a good reason. I honestly think that's the hardest part of being pregnant, for me. I understand that I'll loose it and I still exercise, it's just harder when I know that I can't go running and really push myself until after the baby is born and my body has readjusted itself again. Two more weeks until we find out the gender!
We had a great weekend over Easter. We spent Good Friday with some friends in Knoxville. Lori helped me figure out what to register for and what type of things are needed to go with the breast pump I'm getting. It was extremely helpful. Then we went to eat at one of my favorite Japanese places, Wasabi. After dinner, we headed to Manchester to stay with my parents and see my brother and Molly. We got into Cannon County and Mom called asking us to pick them up dinner because their microwave finally went out. So Raun got to experience the wild world of Woodbury...where you don't fit in if you don't have a truck and my car is too powerful for their city! We had a great time laughing and catching up with each other.
On Saturday, Raun, mom, and I went to Murfreesboro to buy a new microwave. Raun relearned why he doesn't take me in when he negotiates....since I blew their cover. Needless to say, Sears refused to drop their price when we even showed them that the other Sears' had it cheaper. So, after stopping for a much needed lunch (requested by me), we went to H.H. Gregg to get the microwave. They got a REALLY good deal on it. I was impressed to watch Mom and Raun work together. I stayed away and pushed buttons on all the other appliances and dreamed of a bigger kitchen so I could put all their stuff in it! We got home in time for me to make my maple pecan snack cake (which was great) and to cook dinner for the crowd coming in. Mama, Ma, Paul, Aunt Barbara, and Bill all joined us for dinner. It was sooooo good. I ate so much and there were not that many leftovers. Mom and I tackled taxes for my business after dinner. We didn't get home until really late, but it was fun.
Easter was spent with Raun's family. We had a really good dinner, and I een got my fried okra with ham. It was incredible. I was so full that I couldn't leave the table for a bit. The boys (our nephews) got Taylor's pony stuck in a tree, so they had to get a ladder to save the pony. Taylor was not very happy with them afterwards, needless to say! We then had fun embarrassing our nephew Dalton. There was a girl next door that he kind of liked, so while we were outside watching him skateboard, Raun and his brother spoke loudly about how that girl was not impressed with his skating, yet. It was funny, but I know poor Dalton was embarrassed! Kelsey showed us a prom dress that she liked...it was amazing to see how much dresses have changed since we went to prom. There is definitely a lot less material on many of them!
Our Easter service was so good. I loved hearing the handbells playing "He is Risen." Amazing! Brother Bill preached a wonderful Easter lesson from a new perspective. It was very eye opening and challenging.
This weekend is going to be lots of fun for Raun and I. He's actually going to get a full night's sleep without me waking him up every couple of hours! I'm going to see Vanessa since her husband is in Afghanistan for 15 months. Jen and I are kidnapping her and having a girl's weekend. It'll be fun. We'll be planning our trip to Gulf Shores for our girl's vacation. Raun is doing a golf tournament, so he is thrilled about this weekend. Our kid's choir is singing on Sunday, which is going to be great. I'm excited to hear their voices singing praises to God!










0 comments:
Post a Comment