Saturday, August 9, 2008

36 weeks and a baby:)

Well...I'm sitting in my hospital bed and proud to announce that Blake Anthony Taylor arrived on Thursday afternoon (8-7-08) at 4:04 p.m. after 18 hours of labor, including a little over 2 hours of pushing. It was a very different experience...one I'm sure that many moms can relate to. It's one of those things that is just so hard to describe. He looks absolutely beautiful. We get to come home tomorrow. Due to some complications with me, we've had to stay an extra day. Apparently he wanted to break my water, but wasn't so enthused on coming out. On his way out, he broke a blood vessel so they had to work hard to get the bleeding stopped and I had to have some blood last night to help bring my platellets up since I kept passing out. But today has been a WONDERFUL day. I've gotten to walk around and move about. Blake is improving with his sucking. He's having to work on his sucking since he was a little early, but he's doing better with practice (as am I).

Here's some pictures and I'll update more later. Enjoy the pictures!

1 comments:

Kimberly

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy to hear that you and Blake are doing well. Hope you are able to get lots of rest and have a lot of helping hands around. So many good times await you!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...