Monday, July 14, 2008

33 weeks!

I am officially 33 weeks and have less than 7 weeks left, hopefully! He can come anytime after 36, so we'll see. I know first babies are usually later, but I wouldn't mind meeting him a little early. We had our 4D ultrasound done last Monday and everything looks good with him so far. It was fun to get a little sneak peak at him. It was neat to hear that he was about 4 pounds and head first. At the moment, he looks like he's in position to come naturally, but we'll see if he turns. The doctor said that more than likely he won't flip to come butt first, but he could flip sideways. Friday was my doctor's appointment and she said everything is looking good, as well. I think the heat is encouraging some swelling, so it's becoming a little more uncomfortable in my hands and feet. Raun is making me sit at home today and prop my feet up. I always feel so lazy because it's so hard for me to sit still. He did give me permission to clean ONE room:)

We've had a very busy past couple of weeks. We started out July with my dad and Raun taking off 2 days of work to begin construction on the three rooms downstairs. They are finishing out the basement, which consists of a bathroom, a laundry room, and a huge family room (which is going to be a bedroom for guests/family room/project room). They got a lot done while Mom and I went to Lowe's, cleaned up closets, and picked up dinner. By Friday, I was so tired. Mom was such a great help and was able to clean the house for me. It looked wonderful and left me feeling less stressed about going away for the weekend. We had both sets of parents over for dinner on the 4th, which consisted of ribs, hot wings, BBQ, and some other foods....to be topped off with Cheesecake Factory cheesecake (thanks to Ruth!). It was a great dinner with plenty of food left over.

We went to Manchester that Saturday to get fitted for my dress for Heather's wedding and to go to our Hayes family reunion in McMinnville. It was good to see everyone and to catch up with the family that we haven't seen in a while. Molly got to be introduced to everyone. It was nice to have her there with us from this year on out:) The next day consisted of our family baby shower. We got sooo much! Laurie Sain and her daughter, Alison, threw us a great baby shower with all of our family and cousins. It was lots of fun to get all the baby stuff. Mom made us a beautiful baby quilt...which I will have to post a picture of. We have another baby shower from my home church in Manchester this weekend. It's all starting to come together!

This past weekend was spent in Manchester for my best friend's, Heather, wedding. It was absolutely beautiful! I had my mom come and pick me up from Chattanooga on Friday (my birthday) because I have been so tired and worn out that I wasn't up for driving. I was afraid of falling asleep, so Mom came to my rescue. We took her out to eat for lunch and then headed to Manchester. Raun stayed home while Trey came over to finish putting up the walls. They got done about 2:30 a.m. on Saturday morning. It looks good! He came to the wedding on Saturday and made duck noises as I walked down the aisle...I just learned that info:) I spent the night at Heather's house with all the other girls, which as fun. We spent Saturday getting our hair done and partying. I was so tired from the weekend that we spent the night in Manchester and I slept and slept. I was beginning to have some cramps right before the wedding and I was getting a little nervous about that. I think I had just overdone it and hadn't been eating and drinking as much as I should. Once I drank a lot of water, the cramps began to stop. I just kept praying that I wouldn't go into labor on the stage:) At least Heather could deliver our baby!

I think that catches you up on the past couple of weeks. We're getting closer and more excited. Not too much longer now!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...