Thursday, November 8, 2007

Our first freeze of the year!

So, we've finally hit our first freeze. It's been really cold in the morning, but not too bad during the day. It's struggled to get out of the low 60's, but I think it's supposed to warm up again soon. We've actually had the heater on at night...and the electric blanket! I love the cold weather!

My choir is singing for the first time on Sunday morning for both services. I'm a little nervous. They sang wonderful for the Pumpkin Patch, but there's gonna be lots more people on Sunday. I was so proud of my boy from Sudan...he sang both songs for the first time last night! I smiled the entire time and tried to make it look like I was wasn't looking at him so he'd keep singing. I love working with them. It's definitely a challenge, but it's fun.

We've hit the time of year where we're going to be incredibly busy. I love this time of year, since it's my favorite, but I miss my time that I get to spend at home. This weekend, my roommates from college are coming here and we're going to have our girl's weekend. We usually go on a big trip, but because of circumstances, we're going to do our big trip in the spring. I'm so excited. I have been blessed to still be such wonderful friends with them. I think we're going shopping, cooking some healthy meals, and of course, making coffee!

Then, on Tuesday, I leave for Louisville to attend the Music Therapy conference. I'm going with another college friend and staying with her family there. This will be a weird conference for both of us because this is the first time we haven't had to fly somewhere. I can actually bring back lots of instruments...which is good because I'm gonna have to! I love conferences because it is a great encouragement to continue what we're doing, as well as keeping us up-to-date on the newest practices and research. It's so great to be with so many music therapists from around the world. One year, I'll attend the music therapy conference in another country!

I return from conference on next Sunday....only to unpack, wash clothes, and catch up on all the work I missed. Then, it's repacking and heading to Atlanta on Wednesday to pick up my brother and head on to Florida for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. It'll be lots of fun, but definitely weird! It'll be our first Thanksgiving away from Tennessee in a long time. And we're not actually cooking the dinner....which yes, has it's benefits! No turkey sandwiches for weeks! I'm excited to see everyone, but I just know it's going to fly by. But when we return home, we're having our turkey Thanksgiving with Raun's family...so I guess I'm not completely home free from turkey sandwiches! But it's a good thing that I love turkey and mustard sandwiches!

That ends November and the next weekend is our kid's choir rehearsal for the Hanging of the Green and the beginning of Advent. I love this service. I'm thinking of using the West African drums during this service. It'll be so neat, if we can pull it off!

Following that, we're going to Dollywood and staying in Gatlinburg with one of our friends and their baby. We love hanging out with them because we have so much in common. I'm really excited to see the Christmas lights in Dollywood and to see all of the beautiful shows. There's nothing like being in the mountains at Christmas time. I absolutely love it! Well, there's nothing like being in the mountains period.

Then right before Christmas is our choir performance at church, which is awesome! They fill out the rest of the orchestra with strings and whatever other instruments we don't have playing already. I love playing for this. The choir is so beautiful and it's one of my favorite services.

That brings us to Christmas and who knows what else is to come during that week! I'll stay posted with pictures and all for sure.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...